Thành viên thân thiết
Thành viên thân thiết
- Tham gia
- Bài viết
Do you want to know how to learn English effectively? If so, you are not alone. In fact, there are many people out there today who are working to learn English as a second language. No matter what the reason is that you are learning English, you want to make sure that you can learn it quickly and effectively as well. Whether you are learning English in a class, on your own, or with language teaching software, there are certain things that you can do to make sure that you learn the language effectively. So, here are a few tips to keep in mind that will help you on your journey towards learning the English language.
- Make Sure You WANT to Learn
One of the first tips that can help you out if you want to know how to learn English effectively is to make sure that you really want to learn this language. If you really don’t want to learn, there is no book, no class, and no tips that are going to make it simpler for you. Make sure that you ask yourself whether you really want to learn English. If not, then it’s not for you. However, a real desire to learn the language can go a long way.
- Figure Out What Motivates You
If you want to learn English effectively, you need to figure out what your motivation is. Why do you want to learn English so badly? Do you want to improve your current learning, get a better job, attend university, or enjoy your life in an English speaking country? No matter the reason you are motivated to learn this language, you need to understand what motivates you so you can use it as encouragement as you learn the language.
- Decide on Some Goals
It is very important that you have goals in mind if you want to know how to learn English effectively. Setting goals will help you to know where you want to be and it will you to actually see your progress as you learn the language as well. Decide what your goals are, whether you want to improve your vocabulary, pronunciation, or even if you want to comprehend when you’re listening better. Once you know your goals, make sure that you are working to achieve them.
- Be Sure to Practice
Practicing is probably one of the most important tips if you want to know how to learn English effectively. The more you practice your English skills, the better you will become at it. You can practicing by reading English, by writing emails and letters, by listening to television or the radio in English, or even by taking time to speak to other people who speak the English language. The more you practice, the fewer mistakes you’ll end up making over time, and you’ll become more effective with your English skills.
- Speak without Fear
The biggest problem most people face in learning a new language is their own fear. They worry that they won’t say things correctly or that they will look stupid so they don’t talk at all. Don’t do this. The fastest way to learn anything is to do it – again and again until you get it right. Like anything, learning English requires practice. Don’t let a little fear stop you from getting what you want.
- Surround Yourself with English
The absolute best way to learn English is to surround yourself with it. Take notes in English, put English books around your room, listen to English language radio broadcasts, watch English news, movies and television. Speak English with your friends whenever you can. The more English material that you have around you, the faster you will learn and the more likely it is that you will begin “thinking in English.”
- Work on Vocabulary Development
No matter what language you’re learning, a large vocabulary is going to be very important. This is especially important when you are learning the English language. One of the best ways to learn new vocabulary words is to start reading and you can also learn more by listening to the radio or watching television. Playing word games and doing word puzzles can also help you out when you are trying to enhance your English vocabulary.
- Study on a Regular Basis
If you plan on learning a language, you are going to have to make studying a priority. It’s not just something you do every now and then, but it should be done every single day. When you study each day it is easier to retain the new things that you learn. You’ll also find that you can review easier every day and you’ll definitely remember what you learn a lot better as well. So, if you want to know how to learn English effectively, then you need to make studying a priority.
- Make it Enjoyable
When you’re having fun, it actually makes it easier for you to remember things that you learn, so make sure that you make learning English fun. Take time to do puzzles and to play games, even if it does seem a bit childlike. They really can help you as you learn English and provide you with excellent practice.
- Join an English Language Center
Most people have limited money, and everyone wants good value for money. With language centers it’s like holidays – we probably know what we want, but no single holiday offers absolutely everything we want. With language centers it’s similar, but there are important differences; you want some of the things you want from a holiday (a nice place, things to see, etc.) but you also want the professional service – the teaching, etc. – to be as good as possible. So for a professional (but also) personal list of some of the factors you can compare.
- it has no genders. Apart from people, all objects are ‘neuter’, not ‘masculine’ or ‘feminine’. So you say ‘it’ for such things, and do not need to learn any genders.
- it usually has easy verb endings. Apart from a few ‘irregular’ verbs, verb endings are easy, and hardly change.
- adjectives remain the same for all words – there are no different endings to learn.
- the singular and plural pronoun ‘you’ is the same. There is no need to decide whether to use a polite form, or an intimate form, when speaking to someone as in French or German. (English used to have the singular form ‘thou’, which was often used in the intimate way like ‘tu’ or ‘du’. In fact, in dialects in parts of England, this is still sometimes used. And in the Republic of Ireland, they have a very sensible plural form of ‘you’, when speaking to several people: ‘yous’.)
- the spelling of a word may not show what the pronunciation (way of saying) the word is.This is because English words came from many different sources. It is not a ‘pure’ language.
- because English came from two main sources – old French, and old Anglo-Saxon, there is a very large vocabulary of words. Words with similar meanings may have come from both sources. For example,START (from Anglo-Saxon) and COMMENCE (from old French). The meaning is similar, but not precisely the same.
- native English speakers use a lot of idioms, that is – words used in a way which is not their obvious meaning. An English speaker may say,“I do not think much of apples.” This does not mean he doesn’t often think about apples. It means that he does not like apples very much!Yet he might say,
“I think nothing of going for a swim before breakfast.”
What this really means is that he actually likes doing this, and that it is no problem to him!
But don’t worry. You will find that you can understand and communicate even when you have not been learning English for long!
DON’T FORGET MY BLOG FOR TIPS !
(Có gì không hiểu mems cứ liên hệ với bạn ấy nhé )