10 cụm từ Tiếng Anh người bản ngữ thích dùng hàng ngày

Linh Nhi

Thành viên thân thiết
Thành viên thân thiết
Tham gia
20/7/2015
Bài viết
1. "Hang in there"

If someone is having difficulties or experiencing a bad situation, telling them to "hang in there" means "keep trying; don't give up; be patient and things will eventually get better.

Nếu ai đó gặp khó khăn hay trải qua tình huống xấu, bạn có thể động vi ên họ bằng cụm từ "hang in there" nghĩa là "cố gắng lên", "đừng bỏ cuộc", nhẫn nại thì sẽ có kết quả tốt.

VD: In the second half, we just had to hang in there.

2. "My new job rocks! / rules!"

Saying something rocks or rules means it's really great, awesome, wonderful.

VD: Hey there Joe - you rock!

3. "blow me away"

If something blows you away, it means it completely amazed you.

Nếu thứ gì đó "blow you away", nghĩa là thứ đó thực sự rất đáng ngạc nhiên.

VD: The new technology blew me away = I was blown away by the new technology.

4. "I missed the boat on that one."

If you miss the boat, it means you are too late to get an opportunity, so you lose the chance to participate.

Nếu bạn "miss the boat", có nghĩa là bạn đã bỏ lỡ một cơ hội nào đó vì quá chậm chân.

5. "We got off on the wrong foot."

To get off on the wrong foot means to start something in a bad way. It is often used when two people meet for the first time and have some sort of misunderstanding or disagreement, or their first impression of each other was not a nice one.

"To get off the wrong foot", bước ra nhầm chân nghĩa là bắt đầu làm việc gì một cách xui xẻo. Nó cũng thường được dùng khi hai người gặp nhau lần đầu va có một số hiểu nhầm hoặc bất đồng, hoặc ấn tượng đầu tiên của họ về nhau không tốt.

VD: Holly's new secretary really got off on the wrong foot by being rude to visitors.

6. "Everybody was freaking out."

"To freak out" means to panic or become very upset or agitated.

"To freak out" nghĩa là hoảng sợ hoặc bị kích động hoặc cảm thấy rất buồn

7. "I haven't done this in a long time. I'm rusty."

You can say "I'm rusty" when you used to have good skills or ability to do something, but you haven't done this activity in a long time. Now you're not as good at it, because you are out of practice.

Bạn có thể nói "I'm rusty" khi từng có khả năng hoặc kỹ năng làm làm gì đó, nhưng vì quá lâu không làm nên nay kỹ năng của bạn không còn tốt như xưa nữa.

8. "Things are still up in the air."

The expression "up in the air" means that plans are still undecided or uncertain; nothing is confirmed. Cụm từ này có nghĩa là kế hoạch vẫn chưa được quyết định, chưa chắc chắn, chưa có gì được xác nhận cả.

9. "We all have to pitch in."

To pitch in means to join an effort and help with something, usually a project that has multiple people working on it.

"To pitch in" nghãi là tham gia vào một cuộc giúp đỡ hoặc nỗ lực nào đó, thông thường là tham gia vào một dự án nơi có nhiều người đang cùng làm.

10. "I'm beat. Time to hit the sack."

Saying you are "beat" is a slang way to say you're tired, and hit the sack means to go to bed.

Nói "I'm beat" là một cách thông thường để cho biết bạn đang rất mệt. Còn "hit the sack" nghĩa là "go to bed" - "đi ngủ".

Quay lại